Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Nine bottles and some food for thought

After the first beer, I began to think about what has led me to this point. Maybe it was my own jealous greed or some self-satisfaction that I deserve for the credit to which I am due towards the process of getting business done. After the second beer those thoughts turned into a self-indulgence; a pride that I lacked from previous works that I were sure to gloat about for future endeavors. After the third beer my mind began to dumb down a bit and come face to face with reality itself. The sheer might of it all must have transcended me to a land of overwhelming gratitude towards my peers and close others. By the fourth beer, I lusted for the sweet scent of a woman. That familiar scent that just sparks up every vibe in my body and every emotion in my soul. Her scent is that of a lust that I want not need, it isn't a necessity only just a pleasure that I cannot put into view. By the fifth beer I was totally lost in my own thoughts. Why was she there? Why did she ask me such things? Was I wrong for not telling her? Just what have you felt for me? A spiral of my own madness took its toll on me and as I dug deeper and deeper into it, I thought to myself: why don't you just tell her?

My sixth beer brought with me some sort of a delighted drunkenness, a more whimsical mind-set driven by the unparallelled nature of happiness. I was punch-drunk infatuated with this woman and I never realized it. But what was the reasoning for such a strange liking of said female? Was it her looks? No. Was it her personality. No. Was it that intoxicating scent? Perhaps, but scents to not travel that fast to the heart. The seventh beer brought with me a sort of uncanny vibe, maybe my synapses were working throughout my entire body trying to figure out the puzzle with my thoughts. I tried to piece her together: a woman young of age, hair of a slightly auburn tint, eyes that looked as if shooting stars had fell into them, lips as thin as paper and a smile that blossomed from the inside and out. Smarts were in that brain of her's, a more sophisticated and enlightened intelligence learned from past mistakes and future problems. Her physique was of a rather petite kind; slender in all the right places, curves where there needed be some and legs of incredible athleticism. I would honestly say that this is the Greek god Athena in human form. But there was something missing from that puzzle, something that felt like an annoyance rather than a solution.

After the eighth beer, I began to abandon this silly charade and get right back to my drunken state. But here is where old thoughts come trickling in and where I cannot stand by and just let these thoughts get the better of me. I stare for a minute or two, you could actually see the cogs turning ever so slowly to solve this great riddle of mine. Have I become deranged, confused...misguided? No. For the first time I am dead sure certain that I have found the perfect woman, and for the life of me: I know this will never work. Cheers to the open-minded, I raise this ninth beer for the night in your honor....or was that ten?

No comments:

Post a Comment